Serpentix offers a creative solution for your material transportation needs. From simple to complex process area layouts, Three Dimensional Conveying can help you become more efficient and help you save money. Take a look at just some of the benefits a Serpentix Conveyor offers:
- Lower power requirements and simplified maintenance. One Serpentix conveyor frequently replaces several screws or conventional flat belts; real cost savings may be realized - up front and ongoing.
- Positive Tracking. Serpentix's belting can not drift out of alignment.
- Properties of dewatered sludges are preserved. Serpentix conveyors do not reduce the viscosity of dewatered sludges as occurs with the shearing action of screws and pumps. (Thixotropic -- when you screw sludge it becomes agitated and liquefies.)
- Reduced Corrosion. Screenings and sludge do not come in contact with the metal components or structures on a Serpentix conveyor as occurs with screws or pumps.
- There are no idler rollers to lubricate and maintain along the path of a Serpentix. All routine maintenance can be performed at either end of the conveyor. Maintenance walkways are generally not required along the path of a Serpentix.
- Odor Control. Serpentix conveyors can be enclosed.
- Serpentix's belting is modular. If a section is torn, it is simply replaced using common wrenches. There are no alligator or vulcanized splices on a Serpentix belt -- as there are on ordinary conveyors.
- Convolutions in the belting enable a Serpentix to haul material up steep inclines. The convolutions flatten at the discharge end releasing material and facilitating scraping. No mechanical thumpers, as are used on cleated side wall conveyors, are needed on a Serpentix conveyor.
- Serpentix's belting attaches to a main conveyor chain that is pulled trough the conveyor track. The Serpentix belt is just along-for-the-ride; it is not part of the power transmission, as it is on a conventional flat belt. If a section of belting is torn, a Serpentix continues to haul material; with a conventional belt conveyor, under similar circumstances, the conveyor is out of commission until the belting is re-spliced or replaced.